Here’s your top news and highlights for the week of October 14, 2022-
- Saturday, October 15: from 9 am- 12 pm Keep Rowlett Beautiful is hosting their Fall 2022 Electronics Recycling and Paper Shredding @ Rowlett High School. Visit Keep Rowlett beautiful.org for more info
- Saturday, October 15: Our annual Celebrate DiverseCity event presented by Rowlett Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Commission, is from 4-7p at Downtown Rowlett. Get to know more about Rowlett's Diverse Culture with a combination of performances and activities for people of all ages, I am personally excited for the Zumba class led by Fit with Daniel. . Bring a lawn chair to watch the performances and visit all the booths for educational activities! More info here: https://bit.ly/3fL8hbF
- Saturday, October 15: The Public Library is hosting an independent Medicare educator from 3-4pm. They will be presenting information on signing up for Medicare, submitting claims, and the differences between Medicare and Medicare advantage. Visit the Rowlett Public Library for more info.
- Monday, October 17: Join us for the Fall lunch on the lawn series. Head to downtown every Monday in October from 11am-2pm to grab some grub. More info here: https://bit.ly/3Cfl3b2
- The City's current solid waste contract expires in September 2024 and we have three upcoming in-person public input sessions to share what you consider important as we proactively begin the process to contract our next solid waste service provider. Come out to the Rowlett Community Centre on October 18 @ 9 am and on October 19 and 20 at 7pm. If you can’t make it in person an online survey will be made available next week!
- Thursday, October 20: The Taste of Fall Farmers and Craft Market is still happening! Join us on the lawn in downtown Rowlett from 5:30pm-8:30pm!
Takeaways from this episode:
- The City of Rowlett is hosting many events this weekend and during the month of October. See the full list of events here: https://bit.ly/3Cbr60y
- We have officially released the first episode of the My Rowlett Podcast featuring your Mayor, Blake Margolis! You can watch the episode on our Youtube channel, or listen on your favorite podcast platform. Visit rowlett.com/podcast for more info!
We currently have three opportunities for you to share your opinion and insight!
First, The City of Rowlett is beginning a major new project that will result in a comprehensive rewrite of the City’s land use regulations. We’d like to learn about your experience working with the land use regulations, as well as observations related to living in and/or doing business in Rowlett. Take the survey here: recoderowlett.com
The second opportunity is next week! The City's current solid waste contract expires in September 2024 and we have three upcoming in-person public input sessions to share what you consider important as we proactively begin the process to contract our next solid waste service provider. Come out to the Rowlett Community Centre on October 18 @ 9 am and on October 19 and 20 at 7pm. If you can’t make it in person An online survey will be made available next week!
An online survey will be made available next week! More info here: https://bit.ly/3rQLGx5
And finally…. The Community Investment Program Task Force Wants YOUR Input! To meet the demands of our growing community, the need for new facilities is real. That's where YOU come in. We would like to know how you would prioritize the building of those facilities! Take the survey here: https://form.jotform.com/221236712325043
Subscribe to the Friday @ 5 Newsletter here: https://bit.ly/3SyecPu
If you wish to suggest a topic, guest, or have a question- Please email Hannah Rabalais at email@example.com or reach out online: